Thursday, June 25, 2009

The King of Pop is dead ... for now



Jeez, Michael Jackson is dead. Excuse me for not getting on the "Aw, Michael Jackson is dead" train. I've always been of a mind that "Jacko" died a long time ago. Yep. I am a member, in firm standing, of the Michael-Jackson-Was-Murdered-And-Substituted-By-An-Alien-Who-Took-His-Form persuasion.

Which leads me to think the Michael Jackson autopsy will be a grim affair indeed ...

Sorta like that scene from John Carpenter's "The Thing" ...



Yeah, OK. I know that's cruel. His music -- a highly synthesized, Quincy Jonezed mutation of Smokey Robinson -- ain't my cup of tea, but I can recognize his musical and performance genius. The truth is, Jackson has gone to a very dark place for the last 15 years or so. Thinking he's been replaced by an alien parasite is a more comforting thought.

No comments: