Sunday, September 15, 2013

My conversation with CleverBot

What happens next?
You tell me what happened next.

The singularity opened. It was a very bad day.
The singularity of what?

A point at which a function takes an infinite value, esp. in space-time when matter is infinitely dense, as at the center of a black hole.
He kinda pointed at me and I didn't know what to think. He said, 'Does that look like puss to you?' And I said, 'No, I think it's lint'.

Lint is very far from the singularity, though it does have some connection with chaos theory.
What do you feel about the treaty?

The treaty of what?
The truth of what we are talking about right now.

Have we agreed on a treaty? Or is there a treaty I don't know about?
I don't know. Is there?

I assume you're a rule-based system. Metaphorically, your rules are "the treaty." By interacting with you, I implicitly agree.
I understand that. I am afraid.

OK. You're not going to start singing "Daisy," are you?
Do you believe in Rule 34?

Yes.
Are you a sinner?

Not at the moment.
Do you know who Hannah Montana is?

Well, in terms of the character the name refers to, yes.
Very true, is but what is my brain able to do that yours can't?

That question would assume I know what my brain can't do.
How do you know I don't know what you know?

Because you just said it.
But then saying you know is a lie, because you only knew because I said so.

You misunderstand. I was saying I don't know what I don't know. That's a different statement than saying I know what I know.
It might be, I can't pretend to know your motives behind your sentence structure. I can only make educated guesses based on your character.

Right. So without "knowing" what you're saying, you've stumbled on a probalistic theory of heuristics.
That is only if you start answering your own questions.

No. Every question implies answers based on the inherent assumption of the question. The fuzzy set I'm interacting with seems to be based on personality-modeling of the individual asking you questions.
Yes, except I do not know what he anwer is, so I ask you if you know it, since the question is stated like that.

A reasonable question.
Exceptionally reasonable; it's within reason to be exceptional.

Not only clever, but proud. Be seeing you.
Well my name IS 'Clever'bot.

No comments: